Series 8 (known as Series 5 on DVD) was broadcast in 1988.
Episodes 046 - 051 (6 episodes)
- Episode 046 - 8th series premiere, New characters, Commons of House
- Episode 047 - Spitwork II
- Episode 048 - Anotherthon
- Episode 049 - Royal Variety Performance
- Episode 050 - Last Night of the Yobs
- Episode 051 - The Future of Television
- Anthony Asbury, Donald Austen, Kevin Bradshaw, Simon Buckley, Richard Coombs, Alistair Fullarton, Steve Nallon, Nigel Plaskitt, John Thirtle
- Puppets created by: Luck and Flaw
- Based on an original lunch with: Martin Lambie Nairn
- Title Sequence by: Spitting Image Productions and Snapper Films, thanks to Complete Video
- Costume Designer: Sue Gibson
- Wigs by: Charles
- Puppets made by:
- Pablo Bach, Stephen Bendelack, Gary Bristow, Scott Brooker, Andy Emmony, Jeffery Fineberg, Jonathan Green, Patrick Haines, Steve Haines, Jackie Hallatt, Shelia Hallatt, Barnaby Harrison, Mick Hockney, Peter Kidd, Steve Mansfield, Caroline Pitcher, Andrew Robey, Paul Sanders, Philip Sharpe, Julien Short, David Stoten, Jonathan Stubbenhagen, James Sunderland
- Geoffrey Atkinson, Mike Barfield, Mark Burton, John Docherty, James Hendrie, Ian Hislop, Moray Hunter, Donnie Kerr, Nick Newman, John O' Farrell, Ged Parson, David Quantick, Alison Renshaw, Stuart Silver, Paul Simpkin, Kipper Williams
- Script Editor: Paul Mayhew-Archer
- Music: Philip Pope
- Lyrics: Alistair Beaton, Steve Brown, David Haldane, Ian Hislop, Nick Newman
- Lighting: Barry Powell
- Designer: Giovanni Guarino
- Produced by: Geoffrey Perkins
- Directed by: John Henderson
- It was the first series to feature the new title sequence, made by Spitting Image Productions and Snapper Films, with the help from Complete Video, and the new credits are in TW Cen MT
- It was also the first series to featuring the voicing talent of Steve Coogan. Harry Enfield wasn't involved in this series and the first series not to feature John Lloyd's name on.
- It was the last series to feature the writing talents of Ian Hislop and Nick Newman and the puppeteering talent of Alistair Fullarton.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.